The weekend is here again! Normally we would spend our time to replenish our provision in hypermarts / shopping malls with those big shopping carts/trolleys with the boys in tow… In order to keep them in sight, we would let them stay in the shopping carts / let them be the ones to push the shopping cart instead of letting them roam the mall..
Well, this weekend is a little different where we create something new for the kids from “trash” 🙂 We decided to make the kids customized (varied height) shopping carts for them to pretend play.
It costs us about RM20 for the 2 shopping carts’ wheels and PVC pipes… Here are the brief steps on how to make this simple cart:
- Prepare an A4 Paper Box (obviously.. ^_^), cable ties, cable tie cutter, 1/2″ PVC Pipe and Elbow, a set of wheels (4 pcs), masking tapes and saw.
- Tape the surroundings of the box to strengthen the box
- Mark the holes for the wheels. Then create the holes with a screwdriver or anything pointy.
- Fix the wheels with cable tie
- Measure the required height for the handle of the cart
- Saw the PVC pipe according to the desired length
- Tie the PVC pipe to the box with cable tie.
Voila! That’s it. Took us about 1 1/2 hours to complete 2 carts (including some minor distraction from the kids 🙂 And here is 2 contended boys with the new shopping cart (keeping our fingers crossed this can last more than 1 week) and their homemade sling bags (one of mommy’s product too :))